Re: [Texmacs-dev] GNU Guile 3.0.0 released and some suggestions for futu

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] GNU Guile 3.0.0 released and some suggestions for future GNU TeXmacs
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:18:53 +0100

I’ve just tried and TeXmacs runs fine with Guile 1.6.8 on my MacBook Air
(Catilina).

I wonder what, from our point of view, is the substantial difference between
1.6 and 1.8. The advantage of 1.6 is that essentially requires no other
library, while 1.8 has a host of dependencies (which however are standard, so
not much of an issue on Linux).

Max