Re: [Texmacs-dev] What is the future of TeXmacs?

From: Xiaoxiang Chai
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] What is the future of TeXmacs?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:25:01 +0800

Dear all,

I am a mathematician based in China. I use lisp/scheme for everyday chores.
Here is a list of things I would
like to see in future Texmacs, of course, as a mathematician.

1. Texmacs should be more user friendly to mathematicians, physicists. Because
I think more users will bring more developers to make Texmacs better. 'Export
to latex' is first to improve. Apply common practice from the community which
uses a lot math. For example, you hit CC in math mode, you get a wierd chunk of
code(not commonly used) instead of just '\mathbb{C}'.
2. Provide GUI interface for users to customize their own shortcuts.
3. Divide what the 'kbd-tab' can do into Scheme functions. I have checked the
code, it seems to me that autocompletion functionality is bind to TAB in the C
level. I do not think this is good practice.
4. Solve the numbering issues of eqnarry, align at least for 'export to
Latex'.

Best,
Chai