Re: [Texmacs-dev] What is the future of TeXmacs?

From: Karl Hegbloom
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] What is the future of TeXmacs?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 20:30:03 +0000

https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/texmacs/tree/syrinx-pure-cmake-guile-2.2/exploratory-programming

I have been working on the port to Guile 2.2.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017, 12:15 sadhen <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear TeXmacs Developers:

I was a casual contributor of TeXmacs when I was a student. I love the design of TeXmacs.

I’m interested in:

1. upgrade guile

2. improve typesetting on CJK (http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47186)

3. typesetting on source code (eg. http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8899)

However, TeXmacs is inactive and cannot attract new contributors(do not know if it is a fact).

In my opinion, the following is necessary:

1. switch to git

2. switch to github or gitlab

3. write a detailed how-to-contribute doc

What’s your opinion? What’s the reason we still stick to SVN? What is the extra effort to switch to git?

I’m willing to help switching to Git.