Re: [Texmacs-dev] MacOS TeXmacs-1.99.5 brew, missing Guile libs.

From: Karl Hegbloom
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] MacOS TeXmacs-1.99.5 brew, missing Guile libs.
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 20:38:13 +0000

Ok, I found the texmacs.org page with the MacOS dmg and two other ways to install it. That dmg suffers the identical problem as the one in homebrew: the libguile.17 is there, but not any of the dynamically loadable shared objects nor the scm for things like srfi and oop goops.

I found that by using "rudix", http://rudix.org, I can get a functioning copy of guile 1.8.8, and then I can:

  cd /Applications/TeXmacs-1.99.5.app/Contents/Resources/lib
  cp libguile.17.dynlib ASIDE_libguile.17.dynlib
  ln -s /usr/local/lib/libguile.* /usr/local/lib/libguile*srfi* /usr/local/lib/libguilereadline*17* .

After that, test by launching from a terminal as /Applications/TeXmacs-1.99.5.app/Contents/MacOS/TeXmacs then insert a scheme session then find that the value of %load-path now contains the needed /usr/local/share/guile/1.8 etc. Also now try (use-modules (oop goops)) or (use-modules (srfi srfi-1)) to see that it can load those.

Now my git clone of https//github.com/KarlHegbloom/zotero-texmacs-integration.git symlinked as tm-zotero under ~/.TeXmacs/plugins, the MacOS version of Juris-M standalone is installed, with the propachi-texmacs xpi installed in it, plus the CSL styles that for some reason are not automatically installed in the MacOS standalone Juris-M... is confirmed working with minor troubles that I expect to clear up in the next few days.