Re: [Texmacs-dev] Attempt to migrate to Guile 2.0 (need help)

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Attempt to migrate to Guile 2.0 (need help)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:21:17 +0200

Hi,

On 16 Jun 2016, at 14:41, Darcy Shen <address@hidden> wrote:

I have migrated some existing statements that are not liked by Guile-2

item 1. conditional define
   (if (condition)      (define a ...)      (define a ...))    (define a (if (condition)      body1      body2))

note that semantics is not preserved: you do at runtime a check which should be performed only once at compile/definition-time. It is not clear that this is a wise choice. I would like to understand how to do conditional compilation in Guile-2 this is part of the matter. I remember having found something to specify that some form has to be evaluated by the compiler at compile time but I do not remember exactly right now. Anyway this change seems a bit odd….

item 2. curried define

   (define ((x a) b c)      (display a)      (display b)      (display c))    (define (x a)      (lambda (b c)        (display a)        (display b)        (display c)))

and use cond-expand for backward compatibility

Still don't know what's going wrong. I will try to extract the wrong pattern.

Since it works in init-texmacs.scm but does not work in a module, I guess that the problem is related to Guile's Module System.

---- On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 06:46:51 +0800 Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden> wrote ----
Hi,