Re: [Texmacs-dev] Cacheing of http concretised documents

From: Karl Hegbloom
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Cacheing of http concretised documents
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 15:12:11 +0000

That surprises me since I thought it follows a "gang of four" (Design Patterns: http://www.amazon.com/Design-Patterns-Elements-Reusable-Object-Oriented/dp/0201633612) design. It would be useful to perform the necessary refactoring that could make it thread safe. Most computers now have multiple cores. TeXmacs can be frustratingly slow when a document reaches more than 40 pages or so (ymmv) especially when it has complex structure. Guile 2 would probably help to make it faster,  but perhaps other optimizations are needed.

I've always wanted to spend some time learning enough about the internals of a program like this one to help perform that work, but people keep side tracking me on "missions" I've been conscripted into whether I like it or not. One faction thinks I'm supposed to be a culinary chef. Another thinks I'm supposed to become a lawyer and politician. I'd rather just work on software. Some people hassle me off of it every time I try to read code because they want to manage me and make me do what they want. I hate them. I went to college to learn Computer Science and every time I try to get back to it they put another obstacle in my path.

The stupid court here in Salt Lake City is corrupt. I'm using TeXmacs to produce documents for several lawsuits against the state. The Cohabitant Abuse Act is unconstitutional. They gave my son's mother a protective order despite evidence that she was the one committing abuse and despite that she had no evidence to demonstrate whether or not I had, and the evidence I showed impeachd her testimony and showed that I did not commit abuse. She then used the protective order to get me in trouble for writing emails despite that it allowed emails and for walking past her building on the sidewalk. The charges involving emails were dismissed at an unconstitutionally delayed preliminary examination hearing, well the ones involving walking past her building were bound over despite the fact that in the police reports she states that she did not feel threatened or endangered. I had been on the same sidewalk I was allowed to be on for picking up my son. They then turned around and put me in jail for writing an SMS instead of an email claiming that it allowed email but not SMS. The earlier charges involving emails had it down that the emails were not pertaining to child visit. This time the SMS did pertain to child visit, yet they used it as an excuse to arrest me, claimed I had already violated the order multiple times and was escalating, despite that nothing I had done actually violated the order and I had not been convicted on any of those charges and all it was was an SMS wondering if my son was home from a visit with his grandfather. For this they set the bail at $100,000 charging me with two felony crimes. Again they ignored my testimony, failing to take judicial notice of exculpatory and mitigating evidence that I presented in writing, and then held me in jail 128 days without ever providing a preliminary examination hearing on the charges, which were frivolous on their face. During that time they moved behind my back to put me into a mental health court, an attempt to lock me away without trial. So I'm sorta busy suing them.