Re: [Texmacs-dev] QTMsockets.hpp not found???

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] QTMsockets.hpp not found???
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:34:14 +0200

> On 10 Jun, 2015, at 00:43, Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> So is it something inside of QT that's spinning in a loop when it ought to be
> blocked waiting for an event from the operating system instead? I wonder if
> the best solution involves patching QT?

I don’t think the problem lies with Qt. After all its socket libraries are used
in thousands of projects. It might be how pipes are used in TeXmacs’ internal
loop (polled as opposed to using signals/threads whatever). Things used to work
before both under MacOS and Linux, I’m not sure what it is that was supposed to
be fixed by the recent patches, maybe the windows version?
> Does it do that high cpu usage thing when compiled with QT under other
> operating systems, or only on Linux? Should --enable-qt imply
> --enable-qtpipes or not? When qt but not qtpipes perhaps it ought to work
> like it did before with that define commented off?

Apparently —enable-qtpipes now can’t be fixed with the //#define hack (see
Philipp’s email)
> I tried to compile with --disable-qt and it fails with errors concerning
> redefinition of operator new and operator delete.

Hmm… I recall having this issue at some point… It should work, though.
> I wish I had more time to really learn the TeXmacs source and to try and
> help. I'm in the middle of lawsuits pro per using TeXmacs for court document
> production. They look great. I hope it helps my case.

Good luck!
—
Miguel de Benito.