Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] python sympy module

From: marc lalaude-labayle
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] python sympy module
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:36:26 +0100

Hi,

after some tries, i still can't get the python plugin with a python3 version under ubuntu. I modified th tm_python file with different first lines : neither /usr/bin/env python3 nor /usr/bin/python3 worked.

I just recompiled a svn version to test and still the same : syntax error on line 54 of the tm_python file.

This line is print DATA_BEGIN + out_str + DATA_END

The funny thing is it used to work (or i think so) before i changed to a svn version of texmacs a few months ago.

Does anyone encounters the same problem ? If so, which fix did you find ?

Thx.

Marc

Hi,

 you have to change that line of the copy of tm_python that texmacs is reading upon startup. Its location will depend on your configuration. Most probably /usr/local/something or maybe  ~/.TeXmacs/plugins/python. Unless you use your copy of the sources as your TEXMACS_PATH, the tm_python file won't be the one in wherever/texmacs-sources/src/plugins.

Best,

--
Miguel de  Benito.