Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] New experimental Pdf export facility

From: Michael Lachmann
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] New experimental Pdf export facility
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:50:29 +0100

I don't know if you found this page already, but
http://www.anastigmatix.net/postscript/Import.htm
has info about jpeg and png.

Michael

On 13 November 2013 20:52, Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On 13 Nov 2013, at 14:14, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:

OK, so I consider the problem solved for jpg.
What about png?  Is a similar solution hard to achieve?

yes jpg should not pose any problem, given some time to translate algorithms. It would be nice to have a sample file with many images to test all possible issues in writing and rationalising the image support of texmacs (for example problematic image files, eps with shifted bounding boxes, etc…)

for png I’m trying to understand if we can read the format directly without too much work so that we do not need libpng.

max