[Texmacs-dev] ubuntu, packages : several discussions on the list texmacs

From: marc lalaude-labayle
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] ubuntu, packages : several discussions on the list texmacs-dev
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 14:09:12 +0100

Hi to all,

excuse-me in advance to post a new message refering to others.

There was a discussion concerning the packaging of texmacs without packages from the texmacs.org webpage and later there was another discussion concerning the compilation of texmacs under ubuntu. Here are my two cents :
  1. i think that packaging texmacs using a ppa model for example is a real good idea : the packages on the distributions can be stable and the ppa (or a similar packaging system) can furnish the texmacs version with the last new features. This is something i'am waiting for !
  2. in order to compile under ubuntu (but i don't see why it could be different with other distributions), it is sometime annoying to get error messages without knowing what is missing. So, here help is needed please : could someone please write the command line in order to compile texmacs to get/test the pdf rendering  with qt-enabled ? A naïve question : Is it really more difficult to make a .deb or a binary file than compililng ?

Thank you for all the good work.

ML