[Texmacs-dev] Roadmap towards next stable version [was Re: const refs (y

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Roadmap towards next stable version [was Re: const refs (yes, again), joint task proposal]
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:10:33 +0100

Hi Miguel,

I would prefer working in a file-based manner, which keeps the diffs
more understandable; David Allouche wanted to do this a long time ago,
starting with the stuff in src/Kernel, and so on.

However, the moment is not exactly well chosen.  My priority is to work
towards the next stable version.  The current roadmap is as follows:

  1) Complete to upgrade the user interface using the new widgets.
     This is almost finished, although several tweaks on the Qt side
     would still improve things.  Optionally, we might want to implement
     Search/Replace in a more modern way, but I might not have time for that.

  2) Francois (and a little bit me) will be robustifying the LaTeX converters.

  3) Reorganizing the menus, I had some further minor ideas about improving
     the editor's interface for certain tags.  I plan to work a week or so on
that.

  4) I want to add support for exceptions and recover the most harmless ones.
     Also, it would be nice to have a smart console for error messages and
warnings.
     I definitely want to spent quite some time one this while debugging
     the most important bugs.

  5) Feature freeze, improvement of the documentation, updates of translations.

If you have some time, then it would be nice to robustify the Qt interface.
I will submit a list of remaining issues sometime soon on the bug tracker.
Also, if Max has some time, then I would like to enable the new Pdf renderer.

Best wishes, --Joris