Re: [Texmacs-dev] virtualbox images?

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] virtualbox images?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 01:47:07 +0100

On 12/02/2013, at 22:45, Michael Lachmann wrote:

> I could have two separate source trees, but then it wouldn't be as easy
> to make sure they are synced.

Something you can do is keep a git repo synced with the svn trunk, push there
your local changes and pull from it in the virtual machines. When you are done
testing you make a patch, apply it to your svn repo and commit.

If you are doing a lot of cross-platform development it should pay off. It
didn't for me in the end, so I just use patches and suffer a bit with the
syncing from time to time instead of juggling with the git and svn repositories
and conflicts hell.

As usual, YMMV…
--
Miguel