Re: [Texmacs-dev] virtualbox images?

From: Michael Lachmann
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] virtualbox images?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 22:45:46 +0100

On 12 February 2013 12:17, Miguel de Benito Delgado
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I use Parallels, which I find considerably superior to VirtualBox, under
> MacOS at least. It's more stable, integrates perfectly with the system, has
> "coherence" mode which is very handy, and many other things which just make
> it better. It's not free, though.

If we're already talking about virtual images.

I can mount my TeXmacs svn directory from linux, or use it from OSX.
For now, to build the version for the respective platform, I do a full
switch... make clean; configure, make; make install
It would be nice if I could switch more easily between platforms. I
could have two separate source trees, but then it wouldn't be as easy
to make sure they are synced.

It is somehow possible to compile for two different platforms on the
same source tree?
Probably not.. I guess one would have to keep the configure results
separate, all objects and all binaries.
But maybe...
so, is it possible?
Thanks!