Re: [Texmacs-dev] Novice Problem: setup texmacs for chinese IME

From: El.Douwen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Novice Problem: setup texmacs for chinese IME
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:33:04 +0200

Le 20 oct. 2012 à 13:10, Juanito Fatas Huang a écrit :
Dear all,
I am a chinese texmacs user.

Hi
we've posted a message soon about this subject but the message was very more naïve than your
this is it :
we have done this protocole, with TeXmacs 1.0.7.16 (installed via official .dmg) on Mac OSX 10.6.8
--------
0) leave TeXmacs if open
1) open app "applications/utilities/terminal"
2) type sudo mkdir ~/.TeXmacs
3) open browser at :
4) find the link "Tarball with Chinese fonts (6.8 Mb)."
right click on it
5) select "download under"
5bis) in the Finder, menu "go" choose "go to folder..." and type ~/.TeXmacs
this opens this  invisible folder (created by 2) in a Finder's window
move this window to one side of your screen so to have both windows, this one and the browser's one, next to each other
6) grad and drop folder  "~/.TeXmacs" from Finder to the record-window of the browser
7) come back to Terminal
8) type gunzip -c TeXmacs-chinese-fonts.tar.gz | tar xvf -
9) launch TeXmacs. click on the flag and select 'chinese'
10) in the menu bar of mac os X, choose your usual chinese entry mode
for example Zhuyin, Pinyin, Cangjie, Jianye, Dayi Pro...
normally you can type chinese now - with some of these entry modes
--------
The résult is :
Il seem that I can write chinese words but they disappear since they are typed...
----
so if you find anything we are interested.

Vincent