[Texmacs-dev] Plugins and the echo command

From: Bernd Losert
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Plugins and the echo command
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 00:34:49 -0400

I am not sure if this has been pointed out or not, but a lot of the
plugin code in src/plugins/*/bin/tm_* uses the echo command in such a
way that it only works correctly if your shell is bash. I use zsh as
my shell and when I run something like xypic for example, I always get
these -n when the session starts. To avoid this issue, I suggest
rewriting anything with echo with printf instead as the behavior of
printf is the same across *NIX systems, unlike with echo.

--
Bernd