[Texmacs-dev] socket communications

From: Philippe Joyez
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] socket communications
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 08:11:56 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

I'd like to initiate a socket connection to texmacs from an outside application,
but for the moment no luck.

Using (server-start) I can start a socket server in texmacs and then I can
establish a connection to it from another application. I am sure that the
communication is established because the "server" says "connection received from
127.0.0.1" or so in the console and texmacs can send [using server-write] data
to my app.

 However as soon as the connection is established, the texmacs instance has a
very high cpu usage and I cannot manage to receive any data in the server
[(server-read xx) gives nothing - here xx is the client number you get from
(server-clients)].  I don't know about real debugging techniques, but by adding
a few cout << in the code I could figure that the server is constantly polling
the socket (hence the high load) but never seems to receive any data...

So the questions are : Has anyone ever used socket communication to talk to a
texmacs instance and could give me a hint? Is the constant polling by design or
the sign that something is broken?

Best,
Philippe