[Texmacs-dev] texmacs broken, tm file corrupt

From: cah6
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] texmacs broken, tm file corrupt
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 01:34:55 -0500

Hi all,

I looked through the previous topics and couldn't find anything close to my situation, so here goes:

My computer messed up and I was forced to hard-restart it earlier tonight (my file was saved through Dropbox). I saved my texmacs file before I did, but since I restarted my computer, whenever I try to load up my file, or even texmacs in general, texmacs will just open a blank window without toolbars or anything, where the only options are to minimize, close, etc.

When I went to my desktop to open the file, the file size was about what it should be, but when I opened it it was just a single line of grave accents. Since then, I've restarted my computer and reinstalled texmacs multiple times, but I keep getting the same problem. I'd like to get texmacs up and running, but more than that, it would be great if there was some way to somehow retrieve my "corrupt" file, since it is due tomorrow night.

Thanks in advance,

Christian Henry