Re: [Texmacs-dev] [bug #24585] Plugins for scipy and matplotlib

From: Adrian S.
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [bug #24585] Plugins for scipy and matplotlib
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 00:52:14 -0600

> Since Python is object oriented, I assume that it is possible to add
> a TeXmacs output method to all objects which would default to
> verbatim printing, but which might be overridden for special objects.
> Do you confirm?

Yes, we can add methods to an already created class, unless it is a
built in one.  For example, we cannot add methods to Integer or to
str. but we can to Graphics.

See
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/sage-support/add$20function$20method$20for$20integer$20clas/sage-support/2tyjkc-Qm3w/WAl_geiq1EEJ

for when I tried adding a method to Integer... a long time ago.
Coincidentally, the one who answered, Mike Hansen,  is the one who did
the Sage plugin...

I think what you suggest could work.  I think sage simply outputs to
ps, but I do not know if it passes to some structured output before
that...

Peace.
-Adrian.