[Texmacs-dev] a no-typesetting mode?

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] a no-typesetting mode?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:19:18 +0000

I think texmacs is the best text editing system ever. The macro system with direct editing of parameters makes it amazing.

But I am finding it very hard to use on a daily basis.

My main work document is 150 pages and takes 30 seconds to process pressing ENTER or deleting a blank paragraph in body text near the beginning of the document and 12 seconds at the end of the document. I have one image, and 50 of the pages are the inclusion of another TeXmacs document.

This occurs with or without my literate programming extensions loaded; it occurs in papyrus mode or paper mode; and with sloppy algorithm.

I came from LyX which did not attempt typesetting as such at edit time, I wonder if TeXmacs might be induced to perform in a more light-hearted way at edit time.

Apart from the sloppy algorithm, are there any other tips which might help me?