Re: [Texmacs-dev] Dressing a list of working plug-ins and add documentat

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Dressing a list of working plug-ins and add documentation
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:03:16 +0700 (NOVST)

I'll repeat one more suggestion I made some time ago.

If we remove support of paleolithic versions of maxima, the plugin will become
much simpler (neolithic
versions will be still supported). There will be no maxima_filter, and the
scripts will become shorter and
easier to maintain. There is a more practical reason for this, too: some time
ago, it was reported that on
MacOS, when maxima is installed from some standard repository, the maxima
script does not contain the string
'list-avail', and thus the current script classifies it as a paleolithic
version. And the interface does not
work.

Andrey