[Texmacs-dev] Displaying shortcuts to hidden actions

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Displaying shortcuts to hidden actions
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 22:30:38 +0200

Hi,

  working on bug 33131, I've added a "Find next match" item to the "Edit" menu. By default it's greyed out and it's enabled while searching in the document. The scheme function called is search-next, using code like this in edit-menu.scm:

(when (search-mode?)
      ("Find next match" (search-next)))

The shortcut for search-next is assigned in generic-kbd.scm, once per profile. Under MacOS the relevant code is:

  ("search macos g" (search-next))

which apparently means that the shortcut is only made available when in search mode (see prefix-kbd.scm for some of the keys). The problem is that this seems to mess up with the way the menus automagically display the configured shortcuts. Only after deleting the "search" in "search macos g", do I see the shortcut in the menu, which obviously sucks.

Any ideas?
Miguel de  Benito.