Re: [Texmacs-dev] Running without a GUI plus other ideas and tasks

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Running without a GUI plus other ideas and tasks
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 01:23:05 +0100

On 7 nov. 2010, at 01:11, Miguel de Benito Delgado wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to add another item to the list:
  • Method and variable naming conventions: I like to have class variables preceded with an underscore, double if they are private, and I generally name methods with verbs in lowerCamelCase. Is that ok for QT specific stuff, then all underscores and lowercase for TeXmacs API related stuff?

I do not like undescores for the fields (usually I use them for arguments, in constructors for example). The Qt source code do not use this convention. For example they will look inappropriate for members which belongs to the texmacs domain. lowerCamelCase is ok for me. For objects belonging to the texmacs hierarchy you should use texmacs style conventions (i.e. looks at the code in other subdirs) otherwise Joris will be disappointed....

max