On 7 nov. 2010, at 01:11, Miguel de Benito Delgado wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to add another item to the list:
- Method and variable naming conventions: I like to have class variables preceded with an underscore, double if they are private, and I generally name methods with verbs in lowerCamelCase. Is that ok for QT specific stuff, then all underscores and lowercase for TeXmacs API related stuff?
I do not like undescores for the fields (usually I use them for arguments, in constructors for example). The Qt source code do not use this convention. For example they will look inappropriate for members which belongs to the texmacs domain. lowerCamelCase is ok for me. For objects belonging to the texmacs hierarchy you should use texmacs style conventions (i.e. looks at the code in other subdirs) otherwise Joris will be disappointed....
On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 00:54, Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
- Is it ok to create a new couple of files .hpp .cpp for every class? I like it that way, but I've seen that's not always the case in TM.
- Is it ok if I correct indentation, style and typos as I review the code? Of course following your preferences, which I reckon are different from mine.
- Is it ok to add comments to the classes and methods? It's a jungle in there and some markers might help others, if I get them right, that is.
- In order to have meaningful updates to the repository, I'd have to prepare small patches. Do I send them to the list or to you?
- How is localization implemented? À la QT or otherwise?
Miguel de Benito.
Texmacs-dev mailing list