Re: Re: [Texmacs-dev] v. 1.0.7.7 bugs

From: Davide Anchisi
Subject: Re: Re: [Texmacs-dev] v. 1.0.7.7 bugs
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:30:53 +0200

Thanks for the very fast fixing and help.

I compiled the SVN version (3516),  now using Qt.

Now the startup is fast (~ 4 sec.).

The spell checker is working again.
Still, remains a problem that I noticed also on previous versions of Texmacs, but I could check it for v. 1.0.7.7 only now: spell check for languages that make use of accented letters results in improper corrections. E.g. the Italian word "caffé", which is properly spelled, is signaled wrong and the suggestion is: "caffè".
I get the following message on the console:
  TeXmacs] Launching 'aspell -a -d italian'
TeXmacs] ispell error: Error: The word "?" is invalid. The character '?' (U+3F) cannot be at the beginning of a word.

- Opening documents written with older versions of TeXmacs sometimes results in TeXmacs crash. I don't now if this may happen also with documents written with TeXmacs 1.0.7.7

Examples?

The crash happened twice, the first two days I used v. 1.0.7.7, with two different documents but it happened only once for document. When I opened it again everything went fine. So, for the moment I can provide no example. If I could find a pattern I'll report it.

  Thanks for your work,

Davide