Re: [Texmacs-dev] texmacs icon: web page

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] texmacs icon: web page
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:26:06 +0200

I really like the diamond signs. The icon strikes exactly the right balance between recognizable letters and a recognizable gnu.

Furthermore, the icon allows different versions:
    * a bare black glyph (which should have no slant)
    * a minimal version (plain yellow diamond without shades, unslanted)
    * the version as is as "official logo" (slight slant and shade)
* even more photo-realistic versions of the sign (post, material surface, defects, scenery, whatever some artist may come up with...)

Beware, by the way, that many browsers (e.g. firefox) use a very poor image scaling algorithm. On my screen, the scaled down versions on the web page look much worse than what I get when scaling down in gimp.

Good work!

Greetings,
Norbert