Fwd: [Texmacs-dev] \label and \reference numbering bug ?

From: Peter Rapčan
Subject: Fwd: [Texmacs-dev] \label and \reference numbering bug ?
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:24:17 +0200

Can anyone reproduce this or is my computer on a geo-patogenous zone? ;-)

Peter.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Peter Rapčan <address@hidden>
Date: September 10, 2010 8:06:20 PM GMT+02:00
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] \label and \reference numbering bug ?

Hi everybody,

There seems to be a very weird bug in creating numbers for labels that one refers to via \reference. Please find attached a (somewhat) stripped-down file that exhibits the strange behavior.

When Section 3 is on the same page as Section 2, \reference to Section 2 is numbered correctly (as 2). When inserting an extra line so that Section 3 moves to the next page and doing Document->Update All (twice), \reference to Section 2 is numbered by whatever is the last-label number in the file - this can be e.g. equation, bibliography item, or section label (in this case 5).

Similarly, if  Section 3 is on page 2 and Section 4 is on page 3, then \reference to Section 4 is numbered correctly. However, if Section 4 is moved to page 4 and one does Document->Update All (twice), \reference to Section 4 is numbered by the number of the last labeled object in the document (in this case 5).

I observe this on 1.0.7.6 Qt port on a Mac, 1.0.7.3 X version on a Mac, 1.0.7.6. X version from the live CD provided by Chu-Ching on the texmacs-users list.

Cheers,

Peter