Re: [Texmacs-dev] Two fixes for delayed execution

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Two fixes for delayed execution
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:27:03 +0100

Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
Proprer implementation of check_event require knowing if there are pending key events in the queue and this is not possible in Qt (or even in Cocoa). Moderns GUI API explicitly discurage looking at the event queue so we should design a different mechanism to reimplement what it is currently done in the X11 port.

Indeed. I guess a proper approach on Qt would be to use processEvents frequently during drawing. This does not work with the check_event gui interface, but the necessary change in the interface should be minimal.