Re: [Texmacs-dev] A few small patches

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] A few small patches
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:14:38 +0100

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
Well, we basically have Cork and Cyrillic. This should be replaced by unicode.
True. Ideally...

OK, but then why is it necessary to always include the additional packages?
In principle, the catcodes are only included for those symbols which
are really needed. By hacking the catcode generation mechanism a bit,
it should therefore be easy to adapt you patch in such a wat that
fontenc, etc. are only included if really needed.
Basically, I did not think it was worth the hassle to program that decision.

But then, I guess the issue is not really worth the discussion. I doubt that anybody would actually miss fontenc. Most people use CorkT1 or Cyrillic anyway...

Feel free to drop the line about fontenc from the patch. The remains of the patch should still be valuable enough to include.

Greetings,
Norbert