Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt native runloop

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt native runloop
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:13:11 +0200

Dear Max,

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 01:33:26PM +0200, Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
> Finally TeXmacs/Qt has a native runloop implementation. I've just
> commited the related patch to svn. As far as I see it runs fine on my
> Mac (Qt 4.4) and on Red Hat Linux (custom Qt 4.4). The changes should
> not affect the X11 version. The original patch has been contributed by
> Norbert Nemec (thanks!) to which I added a proper socket and delayed
> message handling via Qt socket notifiers and timers, thanks also to
> Joris (of course) for the support at the scheme level. If no bug
> appear I will implement similar modifications to the Cocoa port.

Thanks for the modifications, as well as to Norbert.
As a side effect, a menu problem under Snow Leopard (Qt/Cocoa) has vanished.
Another bug concerning window cleaning/repainting has somehow been reduced,
but it is still present. Finally, the icon bars are still quite ugly,
the spacing hints being apparently ignored.

Best wishes, --Joris