Re: [Texmacs-dev] Problem with Qt on Snow Leopard

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Problem with Qt on Snow Leopard
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 22:43:30 +0200

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 07:17:31PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 03:38:03PM +0200, Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  for the first error try to force 32 bits compilation in TeXmacs by
> > using the -arch option to gcc:
> >
> > gcc -arch i386
> >
> > for the second, it could be one of the name clashes between TeXmacs
> > and MacOSX headers, but I'm not sure. Try to look at the definition of
> > the symbol toQDRgn which causes error.
>
> I don't understand: on some pages found via Google, it seemed to me
> that Qt 4.6.0 takes advantage of the 64 bitness of the Mac OS Snow Leopard.
> Should I specify something at the configuration of Qt?
> I would like to have everything compiled in 64 bit mode...

OK, one has to configure Qt using the --cocoa option.
I made some minor changes on the TeXmacs SVN and things compile well
under Snow Leopard now.

However, when running the program, there are several bugs:
  * The icon bars have a wrong size.
  * The cleaning/repainting of the main window is not well-synchronized.

--Joris