[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs/Qt/Win test installer

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs/Qt/Win test installer
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 16:23:31 +0200

Hi,
I've prepared an installer for the Qt/Win port of TeXmacs. You can find it at

http://www.ceremade.dauphine.fr/~mgubi/texmacs-installer.exe

It installs TeXmacs in c:\Program Files\TeXmacs (you can choose a different path). A group is created for TeXmacs and an icon added to the desktop. A standard uninstaller is provided. You need admin privileges to run the installer.

Please note that this is a TEST version. I've produced it by cross- compiling on Mac and only tried it under Wine and a VirtualBox virtual machine running WinXP. Apparently it crashes upon exit. But is seems to work fine. I'm interested in the result of the installation on a "virgin" machine (i.e. without Qt, mingw or msys already installed). It should work fine and should not mess with alternative TeXmacs istallations.

User files are saved in
c:\<current user dir>\Application Data\TeXmacs

Enjoy,
Massimiliano Gubinelli