Re: [Texmacs-dev] plugins

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] plugins
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:27:53 -0500

Hi,

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
Hi Andrea,

The TeXmacs philosophy is to support semantics for plug-ins,
but not imposing it. So the "copy-and-pasteability" depends on
the implementation of the plug-in. TeXmacs supports presentation MathML,
but with a precise semantics for well-built expressions (documentation,
TeXmacs.syx).
I have precise plans since ten years for content math markup, but never found
time
to implement them yet.

If I remember well, there was a way to create Maxima expressions in a WYSIWYG way. Would be nice to have something that lets the user to write in TeXmacs (which is impressive fast) and paste _inside_ a CAS session (Sage for example), but may be is too complicate at this point.

 Sage, as mentioned on the list, goes a bit further
in interoperability, but Python is rather poor on the specification level,
so they will probably run into problems too at a certain point.

Could you elaborate on this? I mean the Python part.

Best wishes, Joris

Cheers,

Offray