[Texmacs-dev] Input method question

From: D TQ
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Input method question
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 11:13:37 +0100

Hi people,
I recently study the russian input method in texmacs with the intent
to adapt it for vietnamese. As I understand it, the kbd-translit.scm
file uses kbd-map to define the map between typed characters and
translated characters. So to input the word  hàng I can define
("a f" "à")
and type "h a f n g". So far so good. However, life is a little bit
more complicated. Children in school have learned to write the word,
and then place the accent. That means, the word above will be typed as
"h a n g f".
I will omit for now the case of double accents to simplify the case.
What we need is a "lazy substitution", that memory the position of the
vowel (in that case a) and do the substitution later, when the accent
(in that case f) is entered.
I attach a file from the m17n project, which implements this idea
pretty well. Could someone help me to port it to texmacs?

Thank you very much.
Ta