Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Why I hate TexMacs

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Why I hate TexMacs
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:06:02 +0200

Eli Osherovich wrote:

Hi.

I just wanted to draw developers' attention. In the past I reported a couple of bugs, however, the first reaction was something like "these bugs were fixed in the latest version". Nevertheless, when I checked the latest version the bugs (surprise) still were there.

Depends on which bugs it is: the hard ones are usually
fixed quickly.

My dear developers, I am, personally, a big believer in the OSS, but (our) biggest problem is low quality of the code. I see no point to add new nice buttons or compiling under a hundred OS's before your basic functionality is ok.

The TeXmacs codebase is quite clean, and the basic
functionality *is* definitely okay.

There are also lots of details that are not fixed,
most of the time because as soon as you know how
to hack a little bit in TeXmacs, you can always
more or less find a way to do what you want.

P.S.
Unfortunately, I cannot help this project, simply because my skills are not suitable for this.
Too bad you are only a "believer" as you say
above.

P.S.
Skills can be extended by means of a process
called "learning".