Re: [Texmacs-dev] Suggestion: remove misc/admin/admin.makefile from CVS

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Suggestion: remove misc/admin/admin.makefile from CVS
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:32:57 +0200

Jeremy Henty wrote:

Anyway,  to clarify,  rightly or  wrongly  I *read*  Henri's reply  as
saying "the build  system treats all these files the  same way" and my
reply  was to  argue "yes  in general  it does,  but in  this  case it
doesn't, although it should".

That was the idea, the problem being that currently,
practice is not (yet) as perfect as the theory...

This concerns me because I am  sticking closely to CVS and I also have
a few local patches, so I invest some effort in checking the output of
"cvs update"  and "cvs  diff" to make  sure I  know what is  going on,
which makes it a little annoying  that there seems to be spurious junk
in there that a simple cleanup would remove.

I met these kinds of problems too ; but it is not
only for the x/x.in problem, there are also some C
files which are created by the make, some others are
never of interest for being included in a diff, etc.

To solve this, the "-X" option of diff is your (great)
friend, e.g.:
diff -r --brief -N -X ~/TeXmacs/Patch/Patches/exclude.lst $1 $2

With 'exclude.lst' being:
{
CVS
plugins