Re: [Texmacs-dev] Problem in Windows

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Problem in Windows
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:42:32 -0500

Hi,

Henri Lesourd escribió:

[...]
Otherwise, there are in fact 2 versions of TeXmacs
for windows :

(1) The native WinTeXmacs, which is currently unmaintained ;

(2) The Cygwin-based CygTeXmacs, which is built from exactly
 the same code as the Linux-based TeXmacs. Provided Cygwin
 works correctly on your computer, this version should also
 work.

You can try also the virtualization of Linux running inside Windows. We have TeXmacs working with Sage in this way and is doing very well. What you need is:

1. Virtual Box.
2. Installing your favorite flavor of Linux
3. Installing TeXmacs there

Our combination was Virtualbox portable, PuppyLinux and TeXmacs from Slackware repositories (which are compatible with Puppy). We hope to have something to download soon.

Cheers,

Offray