Re: [Texmacs-dev] Split atomic tree

From: Michael Klein
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Split atomic tree
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:10:06 +0200

Hello Joris,

I will use your second suggestion and replace the string directly.

Best regards
Michael

2007/9/11, Joris van der Hoeven < address@hidden>:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 12:20:03PM +0200, Michael Klein wrote:
> I want to split an atomic tree into different parts. The routine tree-split
> does not quite work as I expected. What must I do if I not only want to
> split the atomic tree but want to have both parts displayed again? I want to
> later modify only one of them by replacing it with a <my-macro|it>.  I tried
> (tree-split my-path 1 1) on a <section|The Theory of Ordinals> and got
> <section|T|he Theory of Ordinals> and this is diplayed as a T. Is there a
> higher level routine?

Please give a more explicit example of what you want to do.

I also recall that tree-split is a low-level tree modification routine.
When splitting a string, a new argument gets inserted into the parent tag
(section in your case); what else to do? If your aim was to insert something
like a fraction in between, then you should first replace your string s
by (concat s) and then split it twice.

However, it is easier to directly use the tree-set routine and
replace your string s by (concat s1 (fraction "" "") s2), for instance.
The only reason why you might want to use a low-level routine tree-split
is to keep a very precise control over the cursor.

Best wishes, Joris