Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 10:29:57 -0500

Hi,

Ralf Hemmecke escribió:

Thank you, Joris for your encouragement, but I have really no idea how to start.

Basically, you first have to choose between two approaches:
  1) Keep programs in ASCII format and include comments which
     can be extracted by TeXmacs.
  2) Write source files in TeXmacs and write an extraction tool
     for getting the compilable source files.
Both approaches have been discussed on the mailing list.
Please try to figure out what you prefer first ;^)

Oh, that was clear for me from the beginning. If I start doing something then TeXmacs should be *the* format. The actual code file I don't want to see anymore. There is "untangle" in LEO, and I think that is exactly what I *don't* want to have. LP means to deal with a document that contains some code. If somebody wants to modify the (generated) codefile, then clearly that is building on the current concept that code comes first and documentation is an addition to code.

Even if (1) might have some benefits for certain people, that is clearly *not* my way. I go for (2).

You can use Leo in both ways. You can get more insight about it on Leo forums.

Even more, due to its wysiwyg editing style, there would be no need to invent a *fixed visible* markup as for example noweb does.

In fact the invisible markup will be there but hide under the wysiwym (what you see is what you mean) rendering as happen today with the texmacs document markup.

Cheers,

Offray