Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:04:20 +0200

I had a look on LEO first. It is definitely not meeting my needs. And if you look at the documentation of LeoPy.leo (the LEO program itself), you find out that LEO should actually be called lEO with a very very small l. LEO does not really support literate programming (warning: that is a personal opinion).

I am now trying to see whether TeXmacs can be easily made into a LP environment.

I am a beginner with TeXmacs, but writing a literate document is easy. One can do that in LaTeX with a designated environment. The only thing that is missing is a simple way to write the code environments out in the right order to the right file.

Later, of course, I would like to have hyperlinks between all sorts of date inside the TeXmacs document. Automatically, compute links from definitions of identifiers to uses of identifiers. And then I would like to use TeXmacs as a kind of interactive browser. (Unfortunately, I haven't found the "Back" button yet.) But that is another story.

Ralf