[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs home page

From: Amir Michail
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs home page
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:14:15 -0400

Hi,

I think that the main novelty of TeXmacs needs to be made more
explicit on the TeXmacs home page.

Namely, it should be clear that TeXmacs is a TeX-like typesetter with
true wysiwyg -- what gets printed is exactly what you see while
editing.  And if it is the only scientific wordprocessor in that
regard, then this should probably be stated explicitly as well.

Of course, there have been previous attempts at accomplishing this.
But I believe that TeXmacs is the most successful such effort and this
would be something that could be stated explicitly as well.

It's not obvious from the existing web page why one might prefer
TeXmacs over LyX or Scientific Workplace for example.

Amir