[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs-windows-fonts-1.0-noarch.tar.gz for everybody?

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs-windows-fonts-1.0-noarch.tar.gz for everybody?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:13:24 +0100

Hi there,

I just investigated a problem of EC fonts embedded as bitmapped version in PDF files despite the preference setting for Type1 fonts.

As it turned out, the standard TeTeX packaged installed on our Linux-machines does not contain any Type1 version of the EC fonts.

May it be that the recommendation on the web-site to install the full font package should be expanded beyond Windows users? The EC fonts are the default of TeXmacs and even with up-to-date TeX installations, their Type1 version does not seem to be installed by default.

Greetings,
Norbert