Re: [Texmacs-dev] Scheme to Prolog

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Scheme to Prolog
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:25:52 +0100

Henri Lesourd wrote:

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

NO, IT WAS NOT:
I found the-buffer in a discussion. I tried to use it but got an unbound variable error. Is there a module I need to load? Can anybody give me a hint how to
use tree_to_texmacs? What I need is to transform the tree to a Prolog
representation without losing the information on the origanl tree, so that I
can send back editing commands to texmacs.

The function buffer-tree does exactly this.
Obtaining a list of all buffer would be an interesting other function,
but this was NOT the question.

Excuse me, I know VERY WELL, because I had to implement
EXACTLY such a thing, that once you start interacting
with TeXmacs by means of an external program which
receives a serialization of TeXmacs trees, the need
to be able to also access the trees located in the
other buffers comes *very quickly*.

One can, of course, choose to ignore this or not.

What would be the purpose of posting answers only
limited to the most narrow context of the original
question ?

Hem. All this being said, (I speak about myself, here), perhaps
it is not extrelemy useful to let himself indulge in going into
excessively heated discussions :-(.