Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs freezes in drawing mode when drawing line

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs freezes in drawing mode when drawing line
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:55:18 +0100

Igor Miletic wrote:

Hi everyone,

I think I found a bug in TeXmacs in drawing mode.

When drawing line and right clicking twice in same spot (i.e. 0 length
line) then finishing line with left click TeXmacs freezes and start
using CPU 100%.

Aha. Interesting.

Unfortunately running texmacs with -d and -V does not give any
informative messages. Last that was displayed in terminal was TeXmacs] Warning: resynchronizing for path [ 0, 25, 0, 5, 16, 3, 0 ]
TeXmacs] Warning: resynchronizing for path [ 0, 25, 0, 5, 16, 3, 0 ]

which looks like ID of the path. I can replicate this bug every time
simply by going Insert -> Image -> Draw Image and then repeating
sequence above.

I can obtain a (perhaps slightly different) freezing too.

I find this bug bit annoying since I lost two complex figures due to it
(I should save more often).I would like to help solving it by giving
more info, if someone tells me how to do provide it (if it really is
real bug).
It's definitely a real bug. I can currently reproduce it very well (altogether with some other buggy behaviours I just discovered right now ;-(... ). I don't need
more info to start tracking these bugs. It seems the problem is somewhere
in the rendering engine, thus it could take time to understand exactly
what's happening, it's not just simply that some limit condition has
been forgotten... But in any case, this problem must be corrected,
thank you very much for having reported it. I will try to fix this
soon, i.e. during the next weeks.