Re: [Texmacs-dev] New special env variable: path to self

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] New special env variable: path to self
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:18:02 +0100

Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

It does have the disadvantage of variable capture, namely the "x" is

hardcoded in the Scheme function. I tried to return:

parm
(list 'unquote parm)
(list 'eval parm)

This will not work, the Scheme unquote, eval, and
the like have absolutely no connection to the corresponding
ones in the macro-expander.

instead, but this breaks interactive editing: e.g. typing '^' in math
mode doesn't make a superscript anymore, but a '^' character.

This happens only if you edit the parameter in the version of
the macro without <quote-arg|...> (for some reason I don't fully
understand, to be honest...).

If you want to call the macro-expander from inside Scheme,
use (texmacs-exec x). For example, you could try :
<<
(tree->stree (texmacs-exec '(underline "abcde")))

inside a Scheme session.