Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs promotion idea

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs promotion idea
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:40:04 +0100

Hi Amir,

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 06:46:20PM +1100, Amir Michail wrote:
> >http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=riddles_general;action=display;num=1163061406
> >
> >Perhaps there might be interest in including the TeXmacs site in such
> >an advertising experiment?

Sounds interesting, but, the TeXmacs website being administrated
by an independent institution, I cannot provide much more than
the daily statistics that are already on-line.

> For example, when you go to the TeXmacs site, you could have a display
> of what people are doing with TeXmacs at that very moment. Every
> action is shown in real-time, but the actual text could be hidden to
> preserve people's privacy.

As a user, this kind of things would not increase my trust in the software.
Of course, I have already considered this kind of things in the past
(already to have a rough idea about the number of users myself),
but I decided to refrain from such intrusive policies.

Best wishes, Joris