[Texmacs-dev] Re: Drastic slowdown of 1.0.6.6 on a 3-page seminar file

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Drastic slowdown of 1.0.6.6 on a 3-page seminar file
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:37:37 +0100

Kostas Oikonomou wrote:

Hi,

I don't think this is a "bug" per se, but it makes TeXmacs practically unusable, so I thought I would report it here.

I have a small file in seminar style. It is 3 pages, of which the first is the title page. The pages are plain text, no graphics. When I try to insert any text in any "slide", TeXmacs is extremely slow: about 5 seconds elapse between my typing 5 characters and their appearance on the screen. It seems that this behavior has something to do with the title page: if I remove the title page, TeXmacs speeds up drastically.

                    Kostas

Please post on texmacs-dev and/or texmacs-users, there are more
people there (I repost your question by means of this answer).