Re: [Texmacs-dev] problems w/ Adobe math fonts

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] problems w/ Adobe math fonts
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:00:41 +0200

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 11:25:05PM +0200, Felix Breuer wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> the Adobe math fonts do not work correctly. Consider
>
>   <with|mode|math|x<rprime|'>\<circ\> x>
>
> After switching to Document->Font->Math Font->Adobe the prime and the
> circ are rendered as accents instead of as operators. (I.e. they are too
> high above the baseline.)
>
> - How can this be fixed?
> - If a proper fix is difficult, is there a workaround?
>
> BTW, what are the "Adobe mathematical fonts"? They do not appear to be
> related to the psnfss/mathpazo font packages that come with latex. Is
> there a way to use those as Palatino text/math fonts under TeXmacs?

It may be that the Adobe fonts don't provide a nice prime symbol
(and that I did not include it for this reason). In fact, the fonts were
hand-compiled on a character by character basis by me, a long time ago...
Please look into

        TeXmacs/fonts/enc/adobe-math.enc
        TeXmacs/fonts/enc/rptmr.enc
        TeXmacs/fonts/enc/rpsyr.enc
        TeXmacs/fonts/enc/rpsyro.enc
        etc.

and maybe to

        src/Plugins/Metafont/tex_font.cpp

(search for adobe). Maybe you can hack things and improve the quality.
In principle, you can mix with the usual computer modern fonts when needed.

Best wishes, Joris