[Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] segmentation fault when scrolling with mouse

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] segmentation fault when scrolling with mouse
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:40:02 +0200

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

I can reproduce the crash consistently by doing the following.

rm -rf /home/rajulocal/.TeXmacs/

texmacs texmacs_crashes_with_mouse.tm  (file attached in this mail)

In the window of texmacs_crashes_with_mouse.tm I do

Document -> Page -> Type -> Paper

At this point the cursor is at the top of the document. Now if I scroll down the document with mouse, texmacs crashes with an error message
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any ideas what might be causing this? Is this bug reproducible on other machines?

I can very well reproduce this bug, I don't even need
to do Document -> Page -> Type -> Paper, nor to remove
the .TeXmacs.

I just open the document, then scroll down with the
mouse, and then it crashes. The strange thing is that
if I move the cursor down with the down arrow, and
then Go back to the top of the document as it was
in the first place, scrolling down with the mouse
doesn't crashes anymore.

Probably a bad initialization of the variables in
the C++, but which one ? This problem is also likely
to be related to the kind of markup you use, I would
say.

See this in some time.

If so, then I can file a bug.

It would be great, this way we are sure it will not be forgotten.

Best, Henri