[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs server

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs server
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:45:57 +0200

Hi *,

I am slowly but surely resuming my work on TeXmacs.
The new version 1.0.6.2 comes with a first version of
a TeXmacs server, futuring secure communications with
TeXmacs over the web. This is still experimental,
but it would be nice if some people could test.
After installation of TeXmacs-1.0.6.2, do

        Tools -> Remote -> Login -> New account

to create an account on the TeXmacs server and

        Tools -> Remote -> Login -> Login

in order to log in. Then connect to a chatroom in

        Tools -> Remote -> Chat -> ...

Don't bother about the password prompts for the moment;
they will be made invisible later. The accounts will
probably be removed at the next version of TeXmacs
(further security fixes), but it would be nice to see
whether things already do work more or less.

Best wishes, Joris