Re: [Texmacs-dev] Pointer to source code to manipulate TeXmacs trees and

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Pointer to source code to manipulate TeXmacs trees and bind scheme code?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:54:17 +0100

David MENTRE wrote:

Hello,

I'm a bit lost in TeXmacs source code and documentation. Can somebody
who has more initimate knowledge of TeXmacs than me could point me to a
specific Scheme file (in TeXmacs 1.0.6 source code) that manipulates
TeXmacs trees (add/remove text and text attributes)

The TeXmacs API for trees (and for lots of other things) can
be seen in :
<<
  src/src/Guile/Glue/build-glue-editor.scm

Some important functions are :
<<
  (path->tree) & (tree->path)
  (path-assign)
  (path-insert)
  (path-remove)

Some other (a little bit more user friendly) functions,
like (tree-ref), (tree-set!), etc. are defined in :
<<
  src/TeXmacs/progs/utils/library/tree.scm

For example, operating on trees is the main element
that is used in graphics-edit.scm to interactively
change the document, but the code is probably
not *extremely* pedagogic (if you look at it,
you will see what I mean ;-)...

The documentation of the TeXmacs tree API can
be found in Help/Scheme extensions. Perhaps
you will need to download this part of the
documentation directly from the CVS, because
it seems that Help/Online help/Update from
web updates everything except this very part...

and bind some Scheme
code to TeXmacs (menus, etc.)? I need an example to follow.

You can have a look at :
<<
  http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf

for the purpose of writing a plugin that can overload menus,
keyboard shortcuts, etc.