[Texmacs-dev] Unary minus vs subtraction operator, make it a smart short

From: Karl Hegbloom
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Unary minus vs subtraction operator, make it a smart shortcut?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:46:14 -0800

It is difficult to remember that when I want the unary minus (<um>)
rather than the subtraction operator symbol, I must push the - key and
then press Tab.  Without spending much time thinking it over before
tossing this onto the list, it seems to me that a smart keyboard
shortcut could be made that would deduce, from the context, which one
you probably mean.

You would then type the -, and it would insert either <um> or <minus>,
and a Tab would change it.  Deleting things should probably change it
also...  If I type 'x-y' then delete the 'x', it should convert the - to
the <um>, perhaps.

I want <um> when it's first in parentheses-like surrounds, and at the
start of an expression, including where it appears in superscripts.

--
Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>